Thursday, September 16, 2010

MIDDLE EASTERN CD COVER

At the MICA pre-college program this summer, I took an illustration course.


The first assignment was to illustrate a CD cover, either for an existing band or an imaginary one... I decided to invent my own and bring my lebanese cultural background into the picture. 
The difficulty here was to give this CD a true middle-eastern feel to it besides just having the title written in Arabic. I think the background design was the most important aspect to accomplish, as well as the colors. The woman with the microphone had to fit into the spirit of this CD, so I studied her clothes very carefully.


This is one of my favorite works because I feel I was able to respect the assignment and make it my own at the same time. My illustration teacher loved this one! Posted by Picasa


[Pencil and colored pencils]

No comments:

Post a Comment