Wednesday, September 15, 2010

CORCORAN FIGURE DRAWING (HUMAN BODY)

In the fall of 2008, I took figure drawing classes at the Corcoran College of Art in Washington DC.


It was my first experience drawing figures. I spent most of my time studying the body (more than on her face) and trying to get it right . Some say it has a picasso aspect in the way the shapes of her body were drawn... haha!


[Charcoal]































      


This figure of a man was probably the most interesting figure to draw in my experience in this class. Even though the position is quite simple, it has interesting forms (such as the "love handles" etc..).

I used pencil for this figure to catch more detail and keep it clean and simple.




[Pencil]

































I liked the position of this figure, and spent time trying to catch it. In my drawing, I chose to add muscles to  the model's body as well as more character to its face...



[Pencil]

No comments:

Post a Comment